Nayanthara, an accomplished Indian actress and former fashion model, primarily graces the screens of Tamil cinema. Her talents, however, extend beyond Tamil films, as she has also made notable appearances in Telugu, Malayalam, Hindi, and Kannada movies. Her journey in the world of acting began in 2003 when she marked her debut alongside Jayaram in the Malayalam film “Manassinakkare.” Her foray into Tamil cinema commenced with the film “Ayya,” and in 2006, she ventured into Telugu cinema with the movie “Lakshmi.” The year 2023 witnessed a significant milestone in her career as she made her Bollywood debut alongside Shah Rukh Khan in the movie “Jawan.” In addition to her acting prowess, Nayanthara has ventured into the world of cosmetics, launching her own brand, 9skin, in collaboration with Vignesh Shivan and Daisy Morgan. The official website for 9skin.in is set to be unveiled on September 29, 2023.
Nayanthara Biography | Wiki
|Diana Mariam Kurian (Name origin Kerala)
|Chennai Tamil Nadu
|Age ( As 2023)
|Married (9 June 2022)
|Uyir Rudro Neel N Shivan, Ulag Daiwik N Shiva(Twins)
|Balikamadom Girls High School Thiruvalla Kerala
|Marthoma College, Thiruvalla Kerala
|BA English Literature
|Travelling And Shopping
UNKNOWN FACTS OF NAYANTHARA
- Her childhood name was Diana Mariam Kurian, and she was also recognized by that name. Ayya Movie after she changer her name as Nayanthara
- Before venturing into acting, she started her career as a model. She appeared in several commercials before making her film debut.
- Nayanthara made her acting debut in the Malayalam film “Manassinakkare” (2003). She played a supporting role in the film.
- In 2011, she took a brief hiatus from acting to pursue a post-graduate degree in English Literature. She returned to the film industry after completing her studies. After Completed she again re enters Tamil Film Industry
- In 2003, Director Sathyan Anthikkad discovered Nayanthara while observing her modeling work. Impressed by her talent, he approached her with an offer to play a significant role in his movie, “Manassinakkare.”
- Nayanthara’s father, Kurian Kodiyattu, had a distinguished career as an Indian Air Force officer. Due to her father’s postings, Nayanthara pursued her schooling in different regions of North India, including Jamnagar, Gujarat, and Delhi
- Nayanthara is one of the few actresses who dubs for herself in multiple languages. Her dedication to perfection extends to her voice modulation skills.
- Nayanthara has been in high-profile relationships with some of her co-stars, including actor Simbu And Actor-director Prabhu Deva and filmmaker Vignesh Shivan. Her personal life has often been in the spotlight.
- Nayanthara has a tattoo on her left forearm that reads “Positivity.” It reflects her optimistic and positive outlook on life.
- Despite her on-screen confidence, Nayanthara has admitted to having a fear of cockroaches. It’s a common phobia that she shares with many people.
- Nayanthara enjoys reading and traveling. She often finds solace in books and explores new destinations during her free time.
- Nayanthara is an animal lover and has adopted several pets over the years, including dogs and a cat. She is actively involved in animal welfare and has even supported various animal rescue initiatives.
- Apart from her acting talent, she is fluent in multiple languages, which has helped her in working across different South Indian film industries.
- Nayanthara co-produced the film “Kolamavu Kokila” (2018), showcasing her interest in taking on different roles in the industry.
- And Also She has received numerous awards, including Filmfare Awards South, Tamil Nadu State Film Awards, and Edison Awards, among others, for her outstanding contributions to cinema.
HOW TO CONTACT NAYANTHARA
You can contact her by Instagram and Facebook.
Social Media Profiles
Relationships and Controversies
simbu (STR): One of Nayanthara’s most publicized relationships was with actor Silambarasan, commonly known as Simbu or STR. Their relationship garnered significant media attention. However, it ended on a controversial note, and both actors had public spats.
Prabhu Deva: Nayanthara was in a high-profile relationship with actor-director Prabhu Deva. Their relationship attracted media scrutiny and controversy as Prabhu Deva was still legally married at the time.
Vignesh Shivan: Nayanthara has been in a long-term relationship with director Vignesh Shivan. While their relationship has been relatively less controversial than her previous ones, it has been a subject of interest in the media and among fans.
Nayanthara, despite the controversies, has continued to focus on her career and has established herself as one of the leading actresses in the South Indian film industry.
|Sivaji: The Boss
|Yaaradi Nee Mohini
|Satyam / Salute
|Boss Engira Bhaskaran
|Sri Rama Rajyam
|Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal
|Anaamika / Nee Enge En Anbe
|Bhaskar the Rascal
|Massu Engira Masilamani
|Naanum Rowdy Dhaan
|Idhu Namma Aalu
|Kaathuvaakula Rendu Kaadhal
NAYANTHARA’S STRONG COMEBACK
“Nayanthara, often referred to as the ‘Lady Superstar’ by her fans, has established herself as a leading actress in the Indian film industry over the years. She has garnered immense love and admiration from her fans, transcending language barriers.
Nayanthara’s journey in the Indian film industry has not been without its challenges. Initially, she had a romantic relationship with actor Simbu, but it didn’t last, and they both moved on. Their love story was highly publicized, but it eventually came to an end. Following this, Nayanthara took a break from acting in some films due to personal reasons.
However, she made a strong comeback and acted in several successful movies, capturing the hearts of audiences across India. Her dedication and talent were evident, and she continued to shine on the big screen. Notably, she played a pivotal role in actor Vijay’s film ‘Villu,’ and during the shooting of this film, she developed a close relationship with the director Prabhu Deva. Their love story received significant attention and was followed by challenges.
Nayanthara’s relationship with Prabhu Deva led to several controversies and media attention. Despite facing numerous obstacles, they both managed to keep their relationship alive for a considerable time. However, it eventually ended, and Nayanthara went on to become a top-notch actress once again.
Later, she found love in director Vignesh Shivan, and they tied the knot last year after a long relationship. In this way, Nayanthara has managed to establish herself as a prominent actress in the Indian film industry, overcoming various obstacles and challenges. Her dedication and talent have made her a beloved figure in the world of cinema, and she continues to shine brightly, unrivaled by any other actress in her league.”
INDEPENTENT MUSIC VIDEOS
- 2022 – Thai Engal Thamizh Naade ( actor Vijay sethupathi and Nayanthara gaved a special appearance on this album music video
- 2021 – Kaalam Ouru Dhrogi ( “Nayanthara and Vignesh Shivan appeared in this music video created for the movie ‘Rakki’ in which they acted together.”)
- 2018 – Jai Hind India (“In this promo song composed by A.R. Rahman for the hockey world cup, Nayanthara appeared.”)
- 2016 – Spirit of Chennai “Nayanthara expressed her gratitude in a special way in the song dedicated to those who helped during the Chennai floods.”
- 2007 – Vajrostavam
Tamil Nadu State Film Awards
2013 she won the award for the best actress in the film “Raja Rani.”
Filmfare Awards South
2013 – Raja Rani
2015 – Naanum Rowdy Dhaan
2018 – Kolamavu Kokila
Kerala Film Critics Association Awards
2016 Puthiya Niyamam
Edison Awards (Tamil)
2013 – Raja Rani – Best Actress – Won
2015 – Naanum Rowdy Dhaan – Won
Thani Oruvan – The Gorgeous Belle – Nominated
2016- Iru Mugan Best Actress – Nominated
2017- Aramm – Won
2018- Imaikkaa Nodigal – Won
2019- Kolaiyuthir Kaalam – Nominated
Bigil & Viswasam Favorite Actress – Nominated
2020- Mookuthi Amman – Nominated
2021- Netrikann Best Actress – Nominated
2022- O2 – Nominated
South Indian International Movie Awards
2012 – Sri Rama Rajyam Best Actress Telugu – Won
2013 – Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum – Nominated
Best Actress (Critics) – Won
2014 – Raja Rani Best Actress Tamil – Nominated
2015 – Anaamika Telugu – Nominated
2016 – Naanum Rowdy Dhaan Tamil – Won
Bhaskar the Rascal Malayalam – Won
2017 – Iru Mugan Tamil – Won
Puthiya Niyamam Malayalam – Won
2018 – Aramm Tamil – Won
2019 – Kolamavu Kokila – Nominated
2020 – Viswasam – Won
2021 – Mookuthi Amman – Nominated
2022 – Netrikann – Nominated
2007 – Billa Favourite Heroine – Won
2008 – Yaaradi Nee Mohini – Won
2009 – Aadhavan – Nominated
2010 – Boss Engira Bhaskaran – Nominated
2013 – Raja Rani – Won
Best Actress – Won
2014 Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal Favourite Heroine – Nominated
2017 Aramm – Won
Best Actress – Won
The Galatta Crown Awards
2022 – Mookuthi Amman Favourite Actress – Won
2022 – Nayanthara Empress of Indian Cinema – Won
2022 – Netrikann Favourite Heroine – Nominated